So my site got hackedon February 29, 2012 at 10:57 am
Long time visitors to Jumbo deLuxe may notice a few differences around here. Namely, all the old blog posts, comments, pages and a few other thingamajigs are gone.
That’s because my site was hacked back in February, so I took everything down and I decided to start fresh by re-posting all the old comics and re-writing the other page content.
Turns out I had not backed up my site for a while, so all those fun blog posts I made are lost forever. The ‘about’ page and ‘characters’ pages were getting outdated, so I plan to make shiny new versions of those.
If this is your first time here, or just want to know a bit of what this is all about, here’s a bit of an intro:
Jumbo deLuxe Comic Strip Adventures is a an ongoing comics project made by Portland-Based cartoonist / Illustrator / Graphic Artist Adrian J. Wallace. It’s a deliberate homage to old-timey American and European comic strips, but set in 2010. While there is a story arc that holds everthing together, the comic is driven mainly by visual gags, satire, and character humor.
The main characters are
- Emily: The bossy five-year-old kid sister.
- Nathan: Know-it-all boy engineer.
- The Dog: Loyal friend to Emily.
- Emily and Nathan’s Grandma: A sole voice of reason and authority.
- James: Nathan’s sad pal.
- Maddie: Nathan’s rival.
- Roger: The cool kid, quite possibly the real ‘villain’ of the strip.
- Mr Walnuss and Mrs Prozack: Faculty members at Nikola Tesla High School.
- Various Non-sentient Robots (This is a webcomic, after all. You gotta have robots.)
- A Monkey (Or possibly a small ape.)
It was a shock to see the site suddenly gone, replaced by a simple “Hello, world.” I have really enjoyed the comic and am glad to see it coming back, bit by bit. I’m enjoying reading the story through again.
Man, that’s a bummer. I hope you’ll re-post your guide to the Tintin books as well.